CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

WW's Fic Rec Friday


Bella Swan: Zombie Killer by Kristen Nicole
Rated: M for violence, language and - hopefully - future adult situation. *shem*
::FF.net::


Summary: Zombies have taken over the continental United States. Thus sets the backdrop for an epic love story involving a boy, a girl, and her trusty shovel. AU.

Ok, so... most people who know me know I don't do scary. At all. I've never seen any of the Saw movies or Dawn of the Dead or whatever. I spent the majority Zombieland cowering behind my hands (when I wasn't eyefucking the hell out of Woody Harrelson) and I even shielded my eyes when Carlisle stitched Bella up in New Moon.

In short: I am the most epic pussy ever when it comes to scary, gory stuff... really anything involving blood.

But I effing love this fic.

Best characterizations ever. Bella is just... badass. And snarky as hell, making me laugh and/or snort out loud on more occasions than I care to admit. Best version of Jessica Stanley ever, hands down. And Rosalie. Don't even get me started on the fuckawesmeness of Rosalie.

But Edward. Edward is my kryptonite. Nerdtastic, bespectacled and blushing Edward who also isn't afraid to kick some zombie ass. Umm, swoon. That is all.

It is only four chapters at this point but I am hooked. You will be too. Hop to it.




Fourteen by crimsonmarie
Rated: M for language and adult situations
::FF.net:: ::Twilighted:: ::Forum::



Summary: High school is brutal. It's even worse when you're not a size two. Worse than that? Having a major crush on the biggest, hottest jerk in high school. Even worse than that? Being paired up with him for a science project.

Wow. This was heartbreaking. It will resonate with everyone who has ever been teased because of their weight, and probably most who haven't.

This is a fantastic portrayal of Bella. She is "overweight" (using quotes there since I don't consider a size 14 overweight), but refuses to give in to societal pressures. She makes no excuses or apologies for her body. She's smart and she's snarky, and on the surface does not let the vicious words of her high school peers bother her.

But inside is a different story.

This is a wonderful story of not only validation for someone who doesn't fit the societal strictures of "beautiful" but also the way one person can completely change your life.

Heartbreaking and beautiful. A must read. It is complete, with the epi and two outtakes to go. Put on your big girl pants and do it.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about 14 but never got around to read it. I will check out both!
    Thxs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Chapter 2 of Bella Swan: Zombie Killer. Love it! Will start Fourteen next. Thanks for the awesome recs.

    ReplyDelete