CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nikki Reed Q&A with Spin Magazine



Name a song that you’ve listened to in the past 24 hours.
“She’s Only Happy in the Sun.” It’s nonstop Ben Harper in my apartment. My first boyfriend played me this song when I was 14 because my life back then was all about going to Venice Beach. Luckily, we didn’t have a bad breakup, so I don’t have any painful memories attached to the music.

On that note, what song do you associate with your first kiss?
D’Angelo’s “How Does It Feel” was playing at the time — in my head. Honestly, the most memorable make-out sessions I ever had were in [the 2003 movie] Thirteen. Those were hardcore.

Who would you like to portray in a rock biopic?
Rickie Lee Jones. Last year I went to see her at the Largo [in L.A.] on Valentine’s Day by myself. She seems eccentric. She started telling stories about her childhood, and I was thinking, “Oh, maybe this is the night when she wants to make this a personal experience.” But it turns out she does that all the time.

What’s the first album you bought with your own money?
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. I liked her in Sister Act 2. Also, I grew up in an area where I was a minority, so it was culturally diverse.

Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
I don’t drink, and karaoke is something you should only do drunk. But I’m obsessed with Adele. I put on “Chasing Pavements” and sing it in my apartment. The great thing about Adele is if you put her on top volume, you actually sound like her while you’re singing. I’ve gotten a few complaints from the neighbors.

What’s the most prized T-shirt in your collection?
[Friend and New Moon star] Kristen [Stewart] and I share a lot of clothes, so I wear a lot of Joan Jett shirts.

Kristen is playing her in a movie.

Yeah, Joan made replicas of the ones she used to wear in the ’80s and gave them to us.

What’s the last concert you attended?
I saw the Dead Weather in Vancouver, where we’re shooting [the third Twilight film] Eclipse. I got really into Jack White two years ago because of my friend Sage. She quizzes me on rock music, asking me things like “Who’s your favorite Beatle?”

So who is your favorite Beatle?

I guess Paul McCartney. This is going to be a controversial thing to say, but I don’t really understand the Beatles. If Kristen were here right now, she would slap me across the face. Then again, if I ask her, “What’s the first line of Biggie’s ‘Juicy’?” she wouldn’t know. Why don’t people sit around and talk about Ol’ Dirty Bastard the way they do the Beatles?


Other than the Beatles thing, I am pretty impressed with her taste in music. However... she doesn't drink? Why is it that I want to call BS on that?

Thanks NewMoonMovie.org!

2 comments: