CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Twilight Graphic Novel - On Sale March 16th


YEN PRESS ANNOUNCES TWILIGHT: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL, VOL. 1 WILL GO ON-SALE ON MARCH 16, 2010

NEW YORK, NY (January 20, 2010) — Yen Press, the graphic novel imprint of Hachette Book Group, announced that it will publish the highly-anticipated first volume in the graphic novel adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight on March 16, 2010. Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 will be released in hardcover for $19.99 ($22.99 CAN) with a first printing of 350,000 copies. As is typical in graphic novel publishing, due to the length of the prose novel, the book will be divided into two volumes and the release date for the second volume is forthcoming.

Twilight: The Graphic Novel contains selected text from Meyer's original novel with illustrations by Korean artist Young Kim. A rare fusion of Asian and Western comic techniques is reflected in this black-and-white graphic novel with color interspersed throughout. Meyer consulted throughout the artistic process and had input on every panel.

"I've enjoyed working on this new interpretation of Twilight," said Meyer. "Young has done an incredible job transforming the words that I have written into beautiful images. The characters and settings are very close to what I was imagining while writing the series."

Kurt Hassler, Yen Press Publishing Director, said, "Few American publishing properties are better suited to introduce a vast readership to the medium of graphic novel than the phenomenon that is Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. Yen Press will certainly continue to expand this audience with the help of Bella and Edward."

In four years, Stephenie Meyer has become a worldwide publishing phenomenon. The Twilight Saga’s translation rights have been sold in nearly 50 countries and 85 million copies have been sold worldwide.

Click to pre-order on Amazon and reserve your copy now!

4 comments:

  1. So you mean to tell me that I can have something new to read? Looking forward to it! Another thing to add to my Twilight collection! So excited! Another thing to add to my list of MUST HAVE goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason, this just doesn't interest me. I think I just prefer the pretty pictures in my imagination to pictures drawn for me. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this version of the Twilight books! I think it will open the series up for those kids/teens who might be to intimidated to crack open a 600 page book. But that's just the librarian in me talking ;)

    ReplyDelete