CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

100 Monkey Wednesday!

Yeah I know the title doesn't rhyme and for a writer I should be able to think of something much cuter but hey, it's early, I have two kids and a dog at home all circling around me wanting attention and I'm just wanting to spread the word about 100 Monkeys so here it is!

We've been lucky enough to see 100 Monkeys play a number of times and I have to say, each time I'm more impressed. My first post for today (yes, only my first :)) I just wanted to share a few photos of those Monkeys we love so much. The first, our lovely Team Moose sister, Ana got while in San Fran this past weekend. I can't believe we have 100 Monkeys taking a picture with JTM. He's is one lucky moose. Personally I think next time it should be a lovely coven mother, hmmm, let's just say me for example should be in the middle of that picture too. Yeah, I'm liking that idea more and more. 100 Monkeys, if you're out there, how about it? LOL.









Coven sister, Tammy (damn lucky woman who lives close enough to walk to 24k every Tuesday) made it to last nights show. Lovin' Jackson's outfit here. Can you say, yum? Yes, I think so.




That's all from me for now! I'll be back later with a first hand account of last nights wonderful show and hopefully more pictures! If you get a chance to see 100 Monkeys....DO. They're amazing. So talented that you just want can't help but come back for more. I'll leave you with a poem I wrote for them.
Rush
Standing in the crowd
No room to breath
Bodies on top of one another
No inclination to leave
More people squeeze in
The crowd so thick
Anticipation rises
As by the minutes tick
Then one by one
They walk to the stage
My heart pounds harder
Threatening to break through my rib cage
The strum of the guitar
Fingers dancing on keys
The beat of the drum
The music wraps around me
Pulsing beats
Contagious energy
Lost in the lyrics
Eyes closed but I still see
My pulse pounds in my ears
With each song the intensity grows
It’s an indescribable feeling
The rush of a 100 Monkeys show
Coven Mother, Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment